Last Modified: April 20, 2016
1. Types of Information We Collect
We collect two basic types of information – personal information and anonymous information. Personal information means information that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) a particular individual, such as the individual’s name, postal address, email address and telephone number. Anonymous information means information that does not directly or indirectly identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify, an individual person, but that may become personal information when linked to other personal information.
We collect personal information when you visit our Site and when you voluntarily submit it to us. We collect personal information when you register with our Site, enter into a sweepstakes or contest, make a purchase, complete a survey, contact us or make an inquiry, or join our Insider E-Club or other similar club we may operate. The information we collect includes the following categories of information:
• Registration information you provide when you sign up for our Insider E-Club or otherwise register with our Site, including your first name and surname, birthday, zip code, and email address
• Location information when you visit our Site, including location information either provided by a mobile device interacting with our Site, or associated with your IP address
• Usage, viewing and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, when you visit our Site
When you “like” or “follow” us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or other social media sites, we may collect your information. This information may include your name, e-mail address, and any comments or content you post relevant to us. We may also collect your information if you sign up for one of our promotions or submit information to us through Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter or another social media site. These links may include the use of so-called “share links.” A “share link” is a button and/or text link appearing on our websites that launches a sharing mechanism that allows you to post links to, and content from, our websites or application onto other websites.
2. How We Collect Your Information
In addition to personal information, we may collect other information from you using the following technologies:
• Cookies. “Cookies” are small bits of information that the Site places on the hard drive of your computer and that record information about your activities on the Site to enhance and customize your experience and recognize your preferences when you visit our Site. They may also be used to collect information about the use of the Site in order to tailor marketing and promotion of our goods and services. If you’ve chosen to disable cookies on your browser, some of the functionality of our website may be lost. Certain other web pages that the Site produces, particularly those that require a login and password, require that cookies be enabled in your browser and cannot be used when you have disabled cookies in your browser.
• Flash Cookies (also called Local Shared Objects or “LSOs”). Flash cookies are data files similar to cookies, except that they can store more complex data. Flash cookies are used to remember settings, preferences, and usage, particularly for video, interactive gaming, and other similar services.
• Web beacons or clear pixels. Web beacons are small graphic images on a web page or in an e-mail that can be used for such things as recording the pages and advertisements clicked on by users, or tracking the performance of e-mail marketing campaigns.
• Web server logs. Web server logs are records of activity created by the computer that delivers the webpages you request to your browser. For example, a web server log may record the search term you entered or the link you clicked to bring you the webpage. The Web server log also may record information about your browser, such as your IP address and the cookies set on your browser by the server.
• Geo-location technologies. Geo-location technology refers to technologies that permit us to determine your location. We may ask you to manually provide location information on our website, or to enable your mobile device to send us precise location information. We may also automatically collect general location information from your web browser.
3. Use of Your Information by Sammy’s Woodfired Pizza
We use your personal information to provide you with our products, services, information, and advertisements and promotions. We may also use personal information to conduct research and analysis, or to improve our Site, products, or services. We will send you promotional emails and/or text messages about our products and services if we have received your consent to do so and you can unsubscribe at any time. We may also use your personal information for the following purposes:
• Provide you with the products and services you request
• Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information about features on our Site or changes to our policies
• Send you offers and promotions for our products and services or third-party products and services
• Personalize content and experiences
• Provide you with advertising based on your activity on our Site
• Optimize or improve our products, services and operations
• Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
4. Sharing Your Information with Other Companies
We will not share your personal information outside of Sammy’s Woodfired Pizza except in limited circumstances, including:
• When you allow us to share your personal information with another company, such as directing us to share your personal information with third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites
• When we share personal information with third parties in connection with the sale of a business, to enforce our posted policies or rules, to ensure the safety and security of our guests and third parties, to protect our rights and property and the rights and property of our guests and third parties, to comply with legal process or in other cases if we believe in good faith that disclosure is required by law
5. Your Controls and Choices
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:
• You may update your profile or unsubscribe from the Insider E-Club or other registered activity or service on our Site
• You may choose whether we share your personal information with other companies so they can send you offers and promotions about their products and services
• You may request access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it
You may exercise your controls and choices, or request access to your personal information, by contacting us using the information provided below under “Communication” or by following instructions provided in communications sent to you. Please be aware that, if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain products and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If you have questions regarding the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, please contact us using the information provided below under “Communication.”
6. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen without the prior consent of the child’s parent or legal guardian. If you believe that your child under the age of thirteen gave us personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or using the information provided below under “Communication” so we can take appropriate action.
7. Data Security, Integrity and Retention
We use reasonable measures to help prevent personal information from becoming disclosed to individuals who are not described in this policy. While we attempt to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect and we cannot promise that information about you will remain secure in all circumstances.
9. Notice to California Residents
California residents may ask Sammy’s Woodfired Pizza to describe what categories of personal information we share with affiliated companies or third parties for their direct marketing purposes, and the names of those companies. You may receive a copy of this notice by submitting a written request to Sammy’s Woodfired Pizza to the contact information below.
If you have questions or concerns regarding our collection and use of your personal information or any other privacy or security issue, please contact:
Sammy’s Woodfired Pizza
875 Prospect Street
La Jolla, CA 92037
Attention: Website Privacy Inquiry
If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves information about you we may do so by email, telephone, or mail.